First Contact Opticians Ltd are committed to providing a safe, comfortable environment where patients and staff can be confident that best practice is being followed at all times and the safety of everyone is of paramount importance.
This chaperone policy adheres to local and to national guidance and policy as laid out in the Guidance and advice published by the College of Optometrists and the Association of British Dispensing Opticians.
Patients are welcome to bring a chaperone to accompany them into the consulting room.
All our practitioners and staff are aware of, and have received appropriate information in relation to, this policy.
Our practitioners and staff will:
1. Explain procedures to the patient as necessary and respond to their questions.
2. Comply with any request from a patient not to carry out any procedure, although this may require the sight test to be terminated.
3. When examining a child or vulnerable adult, allow any request for a parent or carer to accompany the patient in the consulting room unless it is contrary to the declared wishes of a “Gillick competent” child.
4. Maintain an open-access policy – i.e. a policy which means that colleagues are able to simply knock and enter the consulting room at any time without having to wait to be invited in after knocking;
5. Where it is thought appropriate, keep the consulting room door ajar to enable the parent or carer to hear the consultation if they are not in the consulting room.
6. Explain what they are doing during the examination, the outcome when it is complete and what they propose to do next. Keep discussion relevant and avoid personal comments.
7. Record any other relevant issues or concerns immediately following the consultation.
First Contact Opticians
126 Field End Road
Middlesex HA5 1RJ
Tel: 020 8866 4911
To book an appointment call us or click here.
|Monday||09:00 - 17:30|
|Tuesday||09:00 - 17:30|
|Wednesday||09:00 - 17:30|
|Thursday||09:00 - 17:30|
|Friday||09:00 - 17:30|
|Saturday||09:00 - 17:30|